Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Am I Ready?

Puppies are hard yall. By NO means am I complaining, but lil' Tangie is consuming 95% of my time when I am at home. I can only imagine the kind of time a child would consume. I long for a family of my own but I often wonder if I am ready. It might sound cliché, but I really think this puppy is helping me prepare (by adjusting my sleep schedule and day shedule, etc). On a side note, Todd and Lucy are really warming up to her. They are playing and being civil. Lucy is instigating chases around the breakfast table and Todd isn't snapping at her anymore. Also amazingly, Tangie has not had an accident in the house yet. She is going outside like a pro. I know, babies can't go out in the yard and poop, and I do truely know that comparing a puppy to a baby is hog wash, but it's all I know so far.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ha. Yeah, babies are way harder. Even the most prepared parents can't imagine how hard it is but the good news is that it decreases over time and gets easier. She's a cute doggie!

Anonymous said...

You said hog wash!
She really is a cutie. Can't wait to meet her. :)