Saturday, May 31, 2008

Shannon's Visit

My friend Shannon came for a visit last weekend and we had a great time! Having a girlfriend in town is always the perfect excuse to go shopping!

Sunday:
She came in around 1:00 on Sunday and then we went to go eat lunch at Veria, a natural wellness center that also has a really good deli. We then popped into Ann Taylor Loft next door. I new they would have a sale because they always do (I hardly ever shop the regular priced section), but this sale was the best I had seen there. I got a skirt for $14.99, another skirt for $9.99, a blouse for $9.99 and two t-shirts for $30.00. From there, we headed to the Parks Mall because I wanted to get some FitFlops. They are supposed to work your legs and butt while you walk. We shall see if that pays off. I am always a sucker for the latest things promoted on Oprah. We then went to Bare Escentuals for Shannon to try their makeup. She ended up buying everything and she looked really good and natural! We then went to Dicks Sporting Goods for her to buy a Garmin Running Watch. She recently picked up running. I guess its much easier living in Kansas where it’s not as hot and humid. Not my cup of tea. It was a great day followed by a great dinner at Piranha’s in Downtown Fort Worth and drinks in Arlington at Milo's with Frank and my friend Carley.
Monday (Memorial Day):
Off to Ocean Rock in Fort Worth for lunch. It's one of our favorite lunch places from when we worked at Pier 1. We first stopped to pick up her daughter who had spent the night with a friend and then went to eat. Afterwards we hit up Target and did some shopping. We also got ingredients to make the best turkey burgers I have ever had. When we got home we enjoyed some Pomegranate Daiquiris and made the burgers. They were so good. We topped the night off watching TV and hanging out.

Shannon and Payton left on Tuesday morning after I left for work. It was really nice seeing her. We always have a good time hanging out! I hope to visit her in Wichita soon.

No comments: