Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Surgery


My long awaited surgery is just over a week away. I have had 3 doctors tell me I need to have this surgery and I am finally doing it. This exploratory laparoscopic procedure is to look for and clean out endometriosis and any other problems they might find. It could help my chances to conceive but will also take away the excruciating pain I have every month. I am not sure how I am going to approach fertility treatments after the surgery. I don't know if I want to just see what happens over a couple of months or just go straight to the Clomid and/or IUI. More to report on this after next Thursday.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Good luck, sweetie!

starnes family said...

Hi, Amanda. I'm Casey....a friend of Shannon's. As long as I've known her, I'm just now venturing out into "her friend's" blogging world!

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I've had this very procedure done, so if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help. Thinking about you!

starnesco@yahoo.com
www.thestarnesfam.com

-Casey