Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Meds...New Me


Let me just say I am not embarrassed by this post at all. Obviously. Why would I post it if I were? I have been on different medications most of my adult life. I, like thousands of others, take anti-depressants. I have taken Prozac, Effexor, Wellbutrin, and now Zoloft. I think I finally found something that works. The others seemed to work, but not in every way I needed them to work. Zoloft seems to do the trick. I have more energy, balanced moods, and I feel good. I actually feel more chilled out than I am used to. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago because I just needed a change. I had reached my breaking point. It was hard for me to be happy. Poor Frank...I have been putting him through hormone hell. It was having a negative effect on everyone around me. Based on my symptoms, my Doctor thinks it could be partially hormone related. He did blood work to check my hormone levels and did give me a low dose hormone shot. So it's hard to tell if the hormone shot is making me feel better or if it is the meds or both. Regardless, I am happy.

1 comment:

starnes family said...

Happy for you! I'm a Lexapro girl. Aint no shame in this game, Amanda.