Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sex and the City Report

As I mentioned below, I went to see Sex and the City with some girlfriends last night. The movie was really cute. There were sad cries and happy cries. I laughed a lot too. It's definitely a must see if you were a fan of the show. So now let me give you a little review of the actual movie theater and its patrons. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was Showtime at the Apollo-Ladies Night. Seriously. Every Bonifa, Shakisha, Lunseta, Lavitra, and LaFonda were all there... hair weaves, big ass booty, attitude and all. So my friends and I were all in line like we were supposed to be when all of a sudden this parade of them comes up forcing themselves though the tight crowded line to get to the font of the line, which happened to be right in front of us. To make a long story short (because it makes my blood boil), when asked why they cut in front of us, major attitude came out (just as you would imagine). Bitches start lying and saying how they were here the whole time, blah blah blah. This one bitch starts fanning herself with a big ass menu that is hitting my hair every time she fans her big ass. I asked politely if she would please stop hitting me with her fanning and she was like "oh, I'm just fanning myself" and other bitchy things. I asked her then "why do you have to be such a bitch?” Well it didn't like that. Her friends did the obligatory "Oh no she did'ent" and the other friend was telling me "honey stop, it ain't worth it". Stop what? What the hell did she think I was going to do? I don't fight like animals do. I talk politely like normal people do. So while mutters of "I'll kick her ass" spewed out of their mouths, all I could do is sit there and bite my tongue to not say something extremely racial that would cause us to miss our movie. I was not worried about getting my ass kicked. With all those people around the most that would happen would be a slap on the face and the pull of my hair. I would end up looking like the victim and they would get arrested. Hmmm, I wonder if that would be a hate crime. Ha!

Anyway, I seriously am not some racist, but I do not like bullies and people of other races using the race card. Especially when they say to my friends that they just think they "all look alike". I am also the type to AVOID confrontation. I seriously don't know what got in to me. I think I am tired of people not speaking up for themselves. I honestly think that little experience taught me to speak my mind when I feel something is not right. It kind of felt good. Yes I could have got my ass beat or something more serious, and I won't do that again, but I definitely won't sit by and allow myself and my friends to be walked on. I don't care if it makes me look like a bitch because the people who know me know that I am not a bitch, and they are the only people who matter...not strangers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucked. On the way home I had a ton of those "I wish I would have said..." thoughts. At least we got to see our movie all together. That part was pretty fun!

Kristi Dent said...

You should have commented on their hair presentations.

Julie said...

I never knew you were such a badass. And not even drunk!