Saturday, October 18, 2008

Another Harebrained Idea

Every now and then I get a harebrained idea. There was a time where I thought I would get into real estate. I took the online course, but never got my license. I quickly (actually, while taking the course) lost interest. Then there was the time I wanted to be a wedding planner. Why would I want to put up with spoiled 20 something year old brides or annoying mothers? I also went through a phase where I wanted to be a hair dresser, or work in a spa doing spa type stuff. Who am I kidding? Well now I want to start my own business again. What? I have no idea. I would like to make something that I can sell or something, but I have not a creative bone in my body. Don't get me wrong, I like my job and I give it 100%. I just want a side hobby or side business (not to be confused with a 2nd job!). So why do I get these urges to be an entrepreneur or to do something creative, when clearly, I don't have any ideas or any drive and motivation to do it? Obviously I have something that wants to come out. I guess I need to figure out where to re-direct these desires where I will actually do something or get something out of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world! There were the hankerchief dolls, buying old furniture and redoing it for sale, and my latest, candles and the ever creative candle cubes! Now, I'm bored out of my gored since I have not been working! Let me know if you come up with something and I'll do the same!

Anonymous said...

I get those urges all the time. I'll come up with a great idea and then I just never have enough solid interest to follow through with them. Maybe someday! If you think of something good and need a partner, holla. ;)