Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Home Is Where The Heart Is?


Is home really where the heart is? Most would probably say yes, but I'm gonna go with no and I'll explain why in a minute. We have had our house for sell since September of 2009. We had not had much traffic and zero offers (mostly due to the holiday season), then as soon as 2010 hit we have had several showings a week with 2 offers. The first offer fell through and we are in negotiations with our 2nd offer. What sucks though is that it is not a good time right now for us to move. Frank has so much going on with work and traveling a lot. My work is also crazy right now.

Here's the deal. We put our house up for sell and I didn't want to, but I kind of had to due to other things going on at the time. Then I was on board. Well, now that we have had a lot of activity and a couple offers, I'm kind of freakin out. Our house is really nice. We don't have to move. There is no new job we need to move for and we are not growing our family, etc. etc. etc. So my thing is that I am kind of scared thinking we are not making the right decision. We kind of know the area we want to move to, but we will have to rent before we buy then who knows if we will be able to find something as nice as what we have now for the price we got this house for?

So many thoughts going through my head right now. This has been my home for the last 7 1/2 years. We have put a lot into it making it how we want it. I feel so comfortable here. Thinking about leaving makes me a little teary eyed. So while some say 'Home Is Where The Heart Is', I can't say that would be the case for me. To me, home is where I am comfortable and familiar. Honestly, I am not ready for this. I don't want to leave my home.

No comments: