Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wichita Fun!

It has been a fun weekend here in Wichita Kansas! I am visiting my friend Shannon and will be going home tomorrow morning. We packed a lot into these 2 days. Yesterday (Saturday), I got in around 12:30 after a 5 hour drive. Traffic was surprisingly light, which was nice. Shortly after I arrived, we went to eat lunch at Bella Luna. It's a really good Mediterranean restaurant about 2 miles from her house. After that, Shannon drove me around and gave me a tour of the town. Saturday night, we went to Old Town in downtown Wichita. The advertising agency that Shannon works at is right in the heart of Old Town. We took a tour of her office, then went to a super cute gift shop for some shopping, then it was on to Oeno Wine Bar.



There we had a fabulous crab and gouda fondue with bread and apples. I started with a cucumber martini (which was won-der-ful!), then moved on to a yummy New Zealand wine called Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. http://www.kimcrawfordwines.co.nz/
After dinner at the wine bar, we went to "Keeper of the Plains", an interesting monument with fire and water and a very architectural bridge.





Today was the perfect girly day. We started our day off with Sunday brunch and then went shopping at Bradley Fair,a great outdoor shopping center in East Wichita that sits on a little lake. It was very picturesque. We hit Williams-Sonoma, White House-Black Market, J. Jill, Eddie Bauer and Gap. After shopping, we went to see Mama Mia (the sing-along version!). It was so good. If you have not seen it yet, you must. It was campy, and cheesy, and gay. Loved it loved it loved it!
Here are some pictures of the shopping center lake and fountain:




Anyway, I am excited to get home to Lucy tommorow. Frank says she is doing well. He sent me a few pictures of her with her little shaved back. I will post again tomorrow to let everyone know how she is doing. Good night!

No comments: