Thursday, November 27, 2008

Black Friday


Oh, it's on. It's time for some wal-mart trampling, wig-pulling, crowd pushing good times. That is if you’re in to that sort of thing. I am not one to get fired up about black Friday. Yes, I have done the whole wake up at 6:00AM to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving...once. That's all it took. Yes, there are deals to be had, but what I have noticed is that most of these deals last the entire holiday weekend and what stores run out of in the wee hours of the morning usually get re-stocked at some point during the day. I know there is more to it than just shopping good sales. To some, this is a tradition and the official kick-off to the holiday season. To me, it is a well needed day off and an opportunity to not participate in mayhem best described in the video below. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I did this for a good 15 years, but last year and this year, I gave it up. Decided internet shopping before thanksgiving and gift cards were the way to go. I was done before Thanksgiving, so I got to sleep in! It only took me 15 years to learn this. I did have a lot of fun, but I'm too old and beat down now to enjoy that kind of madness!