Saturday, November 8, 2008

Garage Sale

Garage Sale...nothing screams middle America more. My Mom will usually have one at least once a year. The turnout is always good with a lot of traffic. This year was different though. Hardly anyone showed up and we didn't sell much. I fared better than both my Mom and Aunt combined. I had a bunch of kitchen items and winter clothes, so I am sure that helped. Normally we have some things left over from previous sales along with new items and we just repeat the cycle for the next go around. We broke the cycle today and took EVERYTHING to Goodwill. Hopefully it will be another 2 to 3 years before we have to have one again because let's face it...sitting at a garage sale sucks. The only good thing is getting to spend time with my Mom and Aunt.





No comments: