Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Hate Winter

I am a summer baby. Love the sun, love the warm. I hate the cold. I hate being all tensed up because it's cold. I hate having to pile on clothes and wear bulky jackets. I hate the wind and the grey skies and the rain. However...I LOVED the snow. We had close to a foot of snow last week and broke an all time record with it too. It was beautiful.



What I didn't love was the fact that my windshield wipers broke on the way home from work Thursday while it was snowing hard. I had to pull over several times and use my bare hand to wipe the cold water off the windshield so I could see to drive another few feet. Thank god I don't have a far commute. It would have been next to impossible. The next day, the snow was so high I was literally trapped in my house. I could not get out of my driveway due to the 12 inches of snow. Frank had to leave for Chicago (for work) early that morning and the car service couldn't even make it into the neighborhood. He had to walk out to meet him. Crazy!


This is the picture the night before of Frank and my neighbor shoveling the driveway just so we could get my car into the garage. It was way worse the next morning.

No comments: