Sunday, September 14, 2008

Amen Kid Rock (I know, weird. Right?)

One of the reasons I hate politics is exactly what Kid Rock talks about below. I am not a fan of Kid Rock, and I love me some Oprah, but I am so on board with the general statement he makes below:



"I truly believe that people like myself, who are in a position of entertainers in the limelight, should keep their mouth shut on politics. Because at the end of the day, let me tell you what I 'm good at: I'm good at writing songs and singing. What I'm not educated in is the field of political science. And so for me to be sharing my views and influencing people of who I think they should be voting for … I think would be very irresponsible on my part. So I'll just keep my mouth shut on that. I think celebrity endorsements hurt politicians. Because as soon as somebody comes out for a politician, especially in Hollywood, when they all go, 'I'm voting for this guy!' — I go, 'That's not who I'm voting for!' … As soon as Oprah Winfrey pops up and goes 'Ha-la-la-la-la,' I'm like, 'I love Barrack Obama. I hate Oprah Winfrey.' I don't hate her. I just don't believe in her, so I don't want any part of any of that. I think celebrities hurt politicians."

- Kid Rock tells CMT Insider

(courtesy: perezhilton.com)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Right on, Kid Rock. (Yeah, I never thought I'd be saying that either.) If only oh....Susan Sarandon and Matt Damon and Barbra Streisand and Jamie Foxx and Spike Lee and Mr. Ed all felt the same way...I mean, they have a right to their opinion, but they don't have any more right to spread propaganda and tell the mindless voters what to do. Sadly, there are a lot of mindless voters who listen and believe. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, PEOPLE! LEARN ABOUT THE CANDIDATES! DECIDE WHAT YOU BELIEVE, NOT WHAT GEORGE CLOONEY TELLS YOU TO BELIEVE!!!